Letter Review Prize for Flash Fiction
Flash fiction authors continue to demonstrate the richness and depth of story that can be achieved with utmost concision.
Read in a single sitting, these tales are capable of conjuring stunningly vivid worlds which leave us turning the page for more.
Flash fiction is an exciting story form, currently enjoying soaring popularity at least in part because it's the ideal length for quick consumption in today's fast paced world.
Flash fiction competitions represent a wonderful opportunity for emerging writers to demonstrate their ability and secure publication. They offer established writers an exciting arena in which to showcase new work.
We believe in flash fiction, literature, and in the importance and magic of new writing.
The top three winning entries are published by Letter Review, each with its own attractive original commissioned artwork.
The total Prize pool is $800 USD: First Place receives $400, Second Place $250, and Third Place $150.
To recognize the extraordinary talent of the writers who do not place in the top three, twenty stories will be longlisted, and ten shortlisted.
All entries are considered for publication. With your permission winners are considered for submission to the Pushcart Prize, other prestigious anthologies such as Best of the Net, and our end of year anthology.
The Letter Review Prize is judged blind to ensure all writers have an equal chance of success.
Letter Review is a proud member of the international Community of Literary Magazines and Presses, and we adhere to the CLMP Contest Code of Ethics.
Read our wonderful previous winning entries by clicking here.
Read inspiring comments from our community about the life changing impact the Prize has had on their lives by clicking here.
How To Enter
- We are seeking tales up to 999 words.
- The Prize is open to anyone, from anywhere in the world.
- There are no theme or genre restrictions: all stories welcome.
- It costs $15 USD to enter one story, $27 to enter two (save $3), and $35 to enter three (save $10).
- Please include a short biography (suitable for publication) of less than 200 words in the Cover Letter section.
- Ensure the file name of your document is only the title of your entry. Do not include your name inside your entry document or in the file name as the Prize is judged blind.
- You may enter as many times as you wish.
- No AI generated content please.
- The judges will be Ol James and Kita Das.
- Format: Submit entry (or entries) in a single document, written in English. The entry must be original work: i.e. no translations please.
- Your entry must be unpublished, and free from any claims by other parties.
- Entrants will receive automatic confirmation via email after entry.
- You must be the sole author of the work.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed. If selected for the Longlist you will have 72 hours in which to confirm your story remains unpublished (we will contact you).
- You may submit work that has been awarded elsewhere, as long as no part of it has been published.
- If you decide to publish your story elsewhere, please withdraw from our Prize.
- Terms and Conditions.
- Enter via Submittable using the form below. Click here for a guide to using Submittable.